View Single Post
Old 02-26-13, 02:40 AM
spicywith

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Hmm, internet was too slow during the day and couldn't upload pics + previous reply.

Thanks for the replies wrk101 and Bianchigirll - You're right, I will ask the seller about the fork, sounds fishy, although it is a custom bike, which makes me think they may have just used a third party fork from the beginning. I spoke with the guys over at Westcoast Powder Coating and seemed pretty positive about making it look perfect again. I've ridden it all day today and it rides like a dream (maybe because I've only been riding horribly heavy unfitting bikes). Everyone I've spoken to says the same thing - it's more of a pure race bike than a daily commuter. Oh, bummer, I guess that means I'll have to look for another one to add to the collection as daily commuter?
The componentry is all over the place, you're right, but without any major issues outside of proper adjustment - bad gear shifting due to cable housing being gunked up. One of the guys at Valencia Cyclery was "geeking out" with the crank arm and set (hopefully you can see it in pictures) but the frame is great as Bianchigirll says. Any guesses as to wow much you would pay for all of it?

More pics here