View Single Post
Old 02-28-13, 07:19 AM
garydogwood

Bikes: road and mtn.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
since last may 2012 i have for the most part avoided any processed food (some exceptions around the holidays). i have cooked (grilled) nearly all meals since then. we buy / cook from the perimeter of the grocery store - real (uncooked) meat, chicken, fish, port, eggs, real bacon. i do have some cheese (cheddar, swiss) also. then just about any green vegetable i want as well as stawberries, blueberries, as well as almonds and other type nuts. no bread, gluten, starches, nor dairy (other than the cheese and a small amount of greek yogurt). there is so much "real" food available and it does not take much time to prepare - so much better tasting and nutritious. sure makes a difference in how i feel and i never feel deprived and very rarely hungry. the infrequent times we do eat at a restarant, even if i eat what appears to be "real" food, i always have a stomach ache and feel like **** the next day. oh yea, lots of water; when you cook for yourself you actually have to pay attention to make sure you get enough salt(unlike eating out where everything is bathed in salt).

gw