View Single Post
Old 02-28-13, 02:08 PM
CommuteCommando

Bikes: KHS Alite 500, Trek 7.2 FX , Masi Partenza, Masi Fixed Special, Masi Cran Criterium

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked 19 Times in 11 Posts
Originally Posted by stapfam
We are having a foodscare in Europe at present and it is to dowith processed meat. It would appear that "Some" of the processedmeats contain Horsemeat. It is not unsafe or dangerous but if you buy a beefproduct- you expect it to be beef.

I have fewer problems with the meat being horse,or even kangaroo, as there was a scandal involving that down under a few years ago, than I have with the way most beef is raised in the U.S, and W. Europe and Britain. Unsanitary feedlots and high protean diets that combine to make the cattle sick, unless pumped up with antibiotics, have made me swear off “industrial beef”. I buy only organic, grass fed beef, and since it is expensive, less of it. Not a bad thing since I have cholesterol issues. This is a double benefit in that the flesh of grass fed beef is lower in saturated fat than feed lot beef.

Originally Posted by stapfam
I know with me- I like togrow as many vegetables in my own garden as I can but even I cannot grow enoughto keep us going for the whole year so we have started using the farmersmarkets more.
My brother in law does this, but he is retired. I have a job, so I hit the farmers markets.

Last edited by CommuteCommando; 02-28-13 at 04:08 PM.