View Single Post
Old 03-01-13, 03:43 PM
DowneasTTer

Bikes: 2022 LiteSpeed CHEROHALA CITY, 2019 Canyon Roadlite 9.0 CF LTD, 2015 Giant FastRoad CoMax 1, 2001 Mongoose Pro Triomphe,

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 129 Post(s)
Liked 84 Times in 50 Posts
Kinda of reminds me of my college years back in the late 60's early 70's. My wife and I were the typical poor married students looking for ways to cut the cost of eating. It was a time when the price of beef started going up faster than gas today. A local store in Bangor, Me started selling raised horse meat as way for people to eat cheap meat. So we bought a couple of steaks. I grilled them up and we sat down to our first steak dinner since being married. Well the Mr. Ed jokes started and we ended up NOT being able to eat the steaks. Into the trash they went right along with any savings we might have had.

Today, since my CHF I am cutting out as much salt (sodium) in my diet as possible. That means staying away from any fast food, most restaurants, and all processed foods. There goes the "Big Mac". It really isn't a big problem living in FL for most of the year and heading back to NE for the summer months. We are able to get fresh veggies most of year at local farm or produce stands. I am able to reduce my sodium intake to around 500 mg/day with the occasional rise to 1000 or so. My biggest downfall is pizza. However, we make it at home as any out would be over my limit with ONE piece let alone a whole pie.