Old 03-01-13, 11:44 PM
Mobile 155

Bikes: 2013 Haro FL Comp 29er MTB.

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1470 Post(s)
Liked 45 Times in 35 Posts
Originally Posted by TromboneAl
Whenever I stop, during a ride, for a break (especially a longer lunch break), I find that when I start up again, I feel especially tired. I've never liked that.

Today I tried some leg stretching during my break, and didn't notice the usual amount of restart fatigue. Anyone else seen that, or was it just a placebo thing?
One of my best riding buddies is like you and I am almost 180 degres out. He can't stand to take a break of more than a few minutes and unless we stop for a sit down lunch I seem fine. But the dfference may be how we ride. A mile or two before we schedule a stop I fall back a bit and down he rest of my electrolyte drink. I then slip into the small ring and ge my legs a break. In other words I have a cool down period before I stop. My bddy ill be stuck tothe wheel of some young turk all the way to the Coffee shop parking lot. By the time we have coffee or whatever the drink of choice might be you would swear by watching him that rigor mortis has set in. He has to completely warm up all over again. Five minutes after we are back on the road I am ready for the city limit sign sprint.