Old 09-01-05, 01:07 PM
peripatetic

Bikes: All 70s and 80s, only steel.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by shane45
You might want to try www.fanforums.com.

Those guys talk about fans like we talk about bikes.

I totally fell for it. I'm such a sucker for ***forum anything.

I think buying a new fan is the weenie way out. The thing's working fine in its basic function. I pulled someone's castoff box fan from the trash two summers ago, brought it home, took it apart and cleaned it up. As far as I could tell, the only reason it had been cast out was because the original owner had been too lazy to clean the thing. That's so fricking ridiculous. Americans create over 50% of the world's solid waste in the WORLD; it's getting so bad that we've begun sending it to other countries to pollute their land. Don't encourage a disposable society.

All you need is some kind of extension for the oscillation button? Have you tried some duct tape with a used pen body, maybe a highlighter or other marker cap and some glue? Actually, for this kind of thing, I think that clear packing tape would work better--you can kind of tie it around the two elements and then wrap it more, something like that.

I think I could use a pic or two of the button to really explore ideas further, though.