Old 03-02-13, 06:52 PM
teamtrinity

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by gregf83
That seems unlikely. The OP doesn't seem to have an issue trashing Zipp, yet he wants to protect the identity of a shady ebay retailer. Like I said before it smells fishy.

Do you also expect Zipp to warranty stolen goods?
This was not through eBay but was through the retailers website. And they are 100% a Zipp retailer. I have contacted the retailer regarding the warranty denial. I assure you this is no lie. But ultimately, it doesn't matter what you believe. Zipp has all the info they need. And I have sent them a followup email. And if I don't hear form the, I'll call them later this week.

My personal feeling as a consumer is that a company should stand behind their product. Cervelo warrantied a cracked P2 frame for me through a different retailer than who I bought from without even proof of purchase. Look did the same. Profile Designs did the same. Reynolds offered to do the same but ultimately my wheels did not require a warranty. Their focus was customer service and they believed in their product. It seems Zipp's focus is bottom line money and/or they don't have the same confidence in their product.

It's like this. It's black Friday. You go to Best Buy and get that tv at 50% off of retail. The screen dies. You call Samsung about a warranty. They say show me a receipt. You send the receipt. And Samsung tells you that you bought it for too cheap...so they won't honor the warranty. I doubt you'd be a big fan of Samsung.