Old 03-02-13, 08:08 PM
teamtrinity

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Bob Dopolina
Smell test failed.

Considering the fact that the LBS sold you the bars at less than half of their cost and considering the nature of the failure something is just not right.

This doesn't mean that you, as a consumer, should get hosed in the deal but, if you do, I would reconsider who it is that is doing the hosing.

I have no doubt that once Zipp saw the pricing that alarm bells wrang and they put the binders on any warranty. Even if you are denied they should, at the very least, offer an explanation.

I suspect that there are a few more details yet to be revealed.
Yeah, in the fax explanation it was no more than "price of $104 for slc2 handlebar. this part is grey market and is not supported under warranty." keep in mind they initially approved warranty after examining the bars and changed their minds after seeing how much the retailer sold it for. and then they labeled it "grey market", which I've been told means that the part is a genuine zipp part but was not sold in a authorized manner. ok...I sorta get that. but as a end user, I don't know what is or is not a authorized manner. my assumption was that since it came from a authorized retailer, they would behave in a authorized manner. and if the retailer is not following zipp's rules, I feel like the patrons of the shop shouldn't be the ones to get the short end of the stick...because they're just trusting that zipp has made trustworthy, sensible business relationships with the right stores and that their rep for the area is making sure everything is done right. and if the shop does something wrong, zipp should cut ties with the shop or otherwise charge them for their unauthorized selling practices but still honor the warranties of their products. but...I think maybe I've gotten used to way too outstanding a customer service by companies like Look, Cervelo, and Profile Designs.