Creatre
These Guys Eat Oreos

Bikes: Yes

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by badhat
frostbite TT - first USAC race of the colorado season.

i cat'd up to 2 over the winter so this was my first 35+ open race. had pretty good results in 3 and 35+3 TTs last year, and knew i was probably top third in 35+ open going in. but i'm way behind my normal schedule so i didnt really know what to expect today, but i just got really motivated and excited about racing this morning and everything went well and felt good as i was packing and cleaning my bike and warming up.

hit the line to a stiff crosswind, and missed my clip in, like a tool. finally got in and got up to speed and cruised along at a good clip till the turnaround which i took really clumsily, but got back up to speed well on the backside.

i ended up 3rd in 35+, only 4 sec off 2nd and 20 sec off 1st. avg 27.7mph. 10th fastest time of the whole day and much better showing against some of my benchmark peers than i'm used to.

without a doubt, i lost a chunk of time at the start and turnaround and i have no one to blame myself as i havent spent any time this season on my finesse. but i certainly will now.

i was really really surprised by how well i did, and how much i improved. i was pretty sure i'd be way off form from getting started so late. so i guess this is promising. i'm really motivated the get my weight to the right place and make sure i nail my training plan and i could be on the right track for a my main season goal, which is a state TT podium.

now i gotta get my climbing legs back. i was doing great last summer but i'm worthless right now.
Nice!