Old 03-04-13, 12:45 AM
CB HI
Cycle Year Round

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1316 Post(s)
Liked 92 Times in 59 Posts
Originally Posted by B. Carfree
If we're that close, then the motorist would be out of his car. In that case, he is either has a firearm, in which case I might have a problem (but why would he shoot me when he could have just run me over and claimed it was an "accident"?) or he doesn't have a firearm, in which case I likely have the advantage of superior training, experience, speed and strength. While I have had motorists pull over to chat, few have ever wanted to come to blows. I think something about being 6'2" 190 lbs and obviously fit discourages people from becoming physical, which is nice since waiting around to give a statement to the police ruins a ride.
But we are getting older. No matter how fit we are, some of the young bucks think they can now take us. Given that Hawaii gun laws pretty much assure that only cops are carrying, it emboldens some young motorist to get out of their cars to handle things differently. Prior to the mace gun, it meant I had to prove to the young bucks that they made the wrong choice.

With the mace gun, I just put a hand on it and ask "do you really want to do this". So far, they have meekly returned to their car and driven off without further comment.