View Single Post
Old 03-04-13, 05:38 PM
BarracksSi
Bike ≠ Car ≠ Ped.

Bikes: Some bikes. Hell, they're all the same, ain't they?

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts
Originally Posted by LowCel
3/4 ...... It's a new week, hopefully something good comes from it. To start with I am happy that I saw 218 on the scales this morning, I am only one pound away from where I was before my dad got sick. Hopefully by this time next weekend I'll be setting a new "record" for the year.

I haven't mentioned it but I drink no soft drinks. My only drinks are water, oj, hot chocolate, and the occasional beer(s).

Food:

Breakfast - Oatmeal, raisins, pb
Lunch - Chicken and rice (aka Chinese food). Bad Bruce!!!!

Activity

2 x 1 mile walk
Nitpicking (hope you don't mind) --

Water, good; OJ, eh, pretty sugary...; Hot chocolate, nah, do tea (green or Earl Grey) or black coffee instead for a hot drink; Beer, maybe okay in single servings once or twice a week.

Chicken and rice can be decent. As usual, it depends on the preparation. Steamed rice is always better than fried rice (really, frying it is the best way to ruin perfectly good rice), and brown rice is better than white, too. If the chicken is flavored with spices and peppers instead of oils and salt, it's still good. The only healthy dish at Cheesecake Factory, for example, is grilled chicken on steamed rice with veggies.