View Single Post
Old 03-05-13, 03:13 PM
John Forester

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Bekologist
Is john telling the forum the Dutch object to their cycletracks?

hardly! the dutch ride in droves, save money, stay healthy and vital as a result of a build up of cycling-specific infrastructure that includes portions of that infrastructure separating bikes from car traffic and considers bicycle movements preferentially at intersections.

the "eight to 80" population, as they like to say in Bogota, the Netherlands.

oh, did everyone read in this weeks' Economist magazine? Ridership in Buenos Aires, Holland, quintipuled after that city put in a separated cycletrack network.

Let me check my geography though, i'm not sure either of those cities are actually in Holland.

-------------------- as counter to the Dutch and their accursed anti-cycling cycletracks, no one frames the derision more eloquently then BikeSnob NYC in today's blog.....
Bek makes clear, through both his rolling laughter icon and his tone, that he believes, or that he chooses to insinuate, that I have been discussing the Dutch attitude to their traffic system. Neither I nor most of the recent contributors have been doing so; the discussion has concentrated on situations in the USA.