Old 09-01-05, 07:32 PM
rickwilliams

Bikes: Jamis Coda Comp

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by oboeguy
Having moved to the left on the Hudson Greenway (MUP) to avoid a wrong-way ped, I was buzzed by a roadie. Practically touched bars. I called the dumba55 on it and he did the Stoic Arrongant Roadie(TM) routine. WTF?
Last week I turned in to the parking lot of my workplace. I was in the center of a two-way, striped travel aisle, signaling, and preparing to turn left. From out of nowhere a car raced around me on the left. I swerved out of his way but just barely. Mind you, we're in a parking lot so his stunt saved him maybe 10 seconds in getting to a parking space. I pulled up beside him and confronted him about his behavior.

Turns out he's a roadie, rides all over creation, and tells me in an arrogantly dismissive tone that it's my responsibility to watch for cars (which is true), as if that excused his irresponsible, not to mention illegal, driving.

I think the real division may not be between cars and bikes, but between people who use their vehicles (whether bikes or cars) as instruments of intimidation and those who do not.