Old 03-06-13, 12:52 AM
redbike72

Bikes: Balthorium G

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Norsman
My thought is that the Lougheed Highway, my other option, will be really busy, especially later in the afternoon, when I will be trying to cross the Pitt River Bridge. I assumed Kingsway would be less crowded and the second most direct route, especially if I take Dewdney Trunk Road through Coquitlam. If there is a better option I am open to suggestions.
Well, the route through Poco to Kingsway is not the easiest to follow and Kingsway is a major commuter/truck route. There are pinch points and you are dodging around parked vehicles.
There are lots of heavy trucks in that area as there are warehouses and container yards directly adjacent.
I might suggest that you stay on Guildford from Port Moody as there is a good bike lane. If you stay north of the Lougheed you can use city streets with slower speed limits and less traffic.
You can cross over to Poco and travel straight down Prairie to Burns road which then joins the Freemont Connector.
That connector leads directly onto the bike path/sidewalk over the Pitt River bridge and that delivers you safely into Pitt Meadows at Old Dewdney trunk.
It sounds convoluted but it's fairly easy when you are riding it.
I hope I'm not making things more confusing