Old 03-07-13, 09:23 AM
Equinox

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 170 Post(s)
Liked 13 Times in 7 Posts
Of all the Ways of getting Hit by a Car...

...my closest calls have been with cars cutting their left turn short off the cross road. They are turning left onto the road I'm on, and they cut the turn so that they are actually turning into the oncoming lane. The first time it happened, I was actually on the shoulder of my lane; that's how bad she cut it. I gestured angrily to her and of course, she got mad at me. That was actually my closest call.
It happened yesterday also, but not as bad. I was in the driving lane about a foot off the fog line. I think there might have been some intent on this one, though. I saw him cutting the turn short and I started moving right, but he kept coming at me. I made it around the corner, and I looked back, and he had slowed almost to a stop. I just kept going. i don't know what his intentions were. It may have been object fixation and he might have actually been uspset at how close he came to hitting me or he could have been looking for a confrontation. These incidents happened on isolated country roads.