View Single Post
Old 03-07-13, 09:23 PM
stringbreaker
stringbreaker

Bikes: specialized crossroads hybrid 2006 Raleigh Cadent 2 1971 Schwinn Varsity, 1972 Schwinn Continental, 1977 Schwinn Volare (frame)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Under Armour worth every penny

It was 28 degrees on Monday and for the first time I wore an UA baselayer. I have worn Hot Chilis not bad and Polar tech again not bad but the UA out performs anything I have ever used even Merino wool whci I find too hot. Over the UA I wore a short sleeve cotton T shirt (not good practice) but I do it a lot and then my J+G waterproof breathable jacket. I wore my Novara Headwinds pants over padded liners on the bottom. When changed out of my clothes after I got to work my skin was not wet from sweating and the cotton T-shirt was slightly and I mean slightly damp in a couple of places. I always felt that the UA stuff was pretty hyped up and overpriced but when I found this one item on sale I bought it to try out. Needless to say I ordered two more of the same pieces. My other baselayers are going to the Goodwill. The UA rocks.