Old 03-08-13, 07:01 AM
qcpmsame 
Semper Fi

Mentioned: 89 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1173 Post(s)
Liked 358 Times in 241 Posts
Originally Posted by David Bierbaum
The youngsters nowadays all grew up in the videogame and parental-fear-of-letting-kids-go-outside-unsupervised era, so they never got the serious bicycling bug in their blood.
You hit the nail on the head, squarely, David. Monica and I made sure we had our children outside playing, riding bikes, swimming and horseback riding for our daughter and motocross racing for our son. We gave them bicycles early on and as soon as possible we got them good, well built and fitted bicycles to ride enjoyably. MTB were the most logical for a bike staying alive under the Doom Patrol but street bikes came along when they were ready.

When we can return to getting out of the cocoons and socializing with our neighbors and doing things outdoors the exercise for our age group should improve and the national obesity problem, especially for children can be lessened, with education and parental involvement.

Skip the political rhetoric, please, I will delete this reply if it starts, this is about getting our generation and the younger generation out and riding for a better life, that is all.

Bill

I Can Do All Things Through Him, Who Gives Me Strength. Philippians 4:13