Carbonfiberboy 
just another gosling

Bikes: CoMo Speedster 2003, Trek 5200, CAAD 9, Fred 2004

Mentioned: 115 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3886 Post(s)
Liked 1,938 Times in 1,383 Posts
Originally Posted by DubT
it sounds like you are doing everything you can physically and it is still not enough. Do you have aero wheels? Worse case scenario you could add one of the electric motors. We rode the MTR and there was a team there that had the electric drive, the one that has the battery on a rear rack and the motor is in the rear hub. Story is that they can out climb just about anybody. I did not realize that they had a motor and got on their wheel and he speeded up, we could have stayed there but I did not think we could take our turn pulling so we backed off.

Is ther anyone in the group that you ride with who would be willing to fall back and help you get back on the main group? If you can pull them on the flats I would think they would work with you on the hills. Maybe they are not a friendly group. LOL

Wayne
Thanks. We have Deep-V wheels. At least they're reliable. We run fast tires. Aero wheels would help a little but that's a lot of money. Lighter wheels would help more, but not safe for the descents we do. We already outcoast a heavier team with Rolfs.

Oh, it's a friendly group. When we're hanging off the back it's because we want to be there. We can bridge pretty well. We just can't climb with them. Funny about the motor. No, we wouldn't do that.