View Single Post
Old 03-13-13, 01:58 AM
Lenton58 

Bikes: Vitus 979, Simplon 4-Star, Woodrup, Gazelle AB, Dawes Atlantis

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 58 Post(s)
Liked 75 Times in 42 Posts
I would not say that this is the world's most perfect saddle, but if I could obtain two or three more I'd rush to get them. Lepper Voyager — built on Reynolds 531 tubing. It is light for a leather saddle — 265 grams!. Adjustment is not easy and I popped a rivet through the frame and replaced it with a screw and washer. And yes ... I'd still like another two copies.

EDIT: I should add that there was, and may still be, a newer version of this Dutch saddle. In my opinion, it should have been given another name as it does not resemble this model (above) in any way except the shape. The new model has an extra layer of leather that is bonded on the underside and an entirely different frame.

The original Voyager from the late 90's - early 2000's was flawed and was altered while in production. The altered series is reported to have a frame that was redesigned by Alex Moulten whereby the hollow rails were given a torsional aspect that was missing in the original. I have one of the later specimens. Despite it's apparent imperfections, I like it. I do not think that I would be interested in the newer version unless I could examine one in person.

Last edited by Lenton58; 03-13-13 at 02:33 AM.