Old 03-13-13, 03:23 AM
Barchettaman

Bikes: Focus trash find commuter, Eddy Merckx Corsa, BP Stealth TT bike, Leader 720 TT bike, Boardman Comp Hybrid drop bar conversion, Quantec CX budget cyclocross build, SerottaNOS frameset ready to build up!

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 128 Post(s)
Liked 104 Times in 69 Posts
Gore Bike Wear Path Jacket - a brief review

So, 3 months in, it´s time for a quick review.

Item:

Sizing:
Runs true to Euro standards, XL=XL. Longer fit in the arms, so cycling specific. Can´t fault it. Still big enough to layer 1xfleece and 1xlongarm undergarment. Cut very short at the waist on the front, so a standard fleece protrudes (no biggie)

Material:
Gore Tex Pac-Lite. Seems pretty breathable. Utterly waterproof, taped seams. Gets dirty quickly, but who cares, it´s a commuting jacket. Incredibly light weight. Good cuffs.

Durability:
I came off in October on leaves and slid a good way on my shoulder. Just a scuff on the fabric, no tear, very impressed.

Pockets:
One ´napoleon´ pocket on the chest, one bigger one in the small of the back.

Overall:
Highly recommended. I paid €113 delivered, roughly 1/2 retail, on an eBay auction.

Bad points:
Erm... seems to get dirty.
The neon fabric could cover more of the jacket (for me).
The ´security-guard chic´ look won´t work for some. This is not a jacket to wear to the pub.
Could have some actual reflective stripes too.

By the way, this is a lightweight ´shell´type jacket so has zero padding or insulation.

Hope this is useful for someone.