Old 03-13-13, 07:10 AM
saratoga

Bikes: ?

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Got rid of my VW a couple of weeks ago and decided to sell the racks I had for it... a cheapo performance 2 bike hitch rack and a nice set of thule aeroblade crossbars with two peloton bike mounts. Put an ad on CL, talked to a couple of people, one lady had the same car and made me an offer for the roof rack. Sent her a bunch of pictures of it on the car, with bikes, without bikes, laying in pieces in my garage. We agreed on a price, told her to meet me at a local wal mart after work and it was good.

I showed up yesterday and found her car in the parking lot. A guy gets out and was polite enough but I noticed a woman still sitting in the car. Figured whatever... started showing him the rack in the back of my truck and he's happy. Then he says "We need to talk about the price." I told him I had already agreed on a price with the woman who had contacted me originally. "Yeah, she didn't know what she was making an offer on. We found out that we can get a completely new rack for $250 more."

I told him sorry, but selling price had already been settled. She knew full well what she was buying. I wasn't rude or short with him but he could tell I was getting pissed at that point. Told him that it wasn't going to happen and proceeded to drive away.