Old 03-14-13, 09:38 AM
Pamestique 
Shredding Grandma!

Bikes: I don't own any bikes

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 46 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Generally see lots of raptors on rides...both road and mountain biking. Most abundant are Turkey Vultures (if anyone rides the Santa Ana River Trail you always see these birds hunting for live or dead fish), Redtails and Cooper's Hawks. Last month riding the Upper Santa Ana River Trail, there is a fence along the trail and sitting on the fence was the prettiest little Kestrel... and I didn't have a camera! Teach me not to bring it! Last night doing a MTB ride, I start in a park that is overrun with Peafowl... the big males are all gustied up right now with full, flashy tails. It's fun to watch then try to out flash each other. Also saw alot of Acorn Woodpeckers.

I have a special affinity for birds and love to watch them. I can identify quite a few but am not good with bird calls, something I have tried to learn for years. I just don't have a good ability to learn languages.

Private docent led mountain bike rides through Limestone Canyon. Go to letsgooutside.org and register today! Also available: hikes, equestrian rides and family events as well as trail maintenance and science study.