Machka 
In Real Life

Bikes: Lots

Mentioned: 141 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3203 Post(s)
Liked 596 Times in 329 Posts
Originally Posted by Taipei325
To be perfectly clear hear...medically, they are a viable treatment for many circulatory conditions. (DVT being the prime example...as in prevention of DVT, not treatment!) They are not dangerous. Having whacky proteins that cause my blood to clot really easily...and having DVT and a pulmonary embolism....compression is essential for travel. Once I started using them, I found they are great for travel even if I didn't need them medically. Highly recommended...I come off 16 hour flights and feel quite a bit better than without them.

For training, if you believe in them, they work! Scientific evidence? Not convincing!
+1 and same here (although mine is a genetic tendency to develop clots)

They are not harmful, in fact, as I said, despite the fact that they are a struggle to get on, they are remarkably comfortable when they are on.

3 months after I was released from hospital, while I was still recovering from DVT, I got a job where I stood for 6-8 hours a day. My legs ached horribly, despite the fact that I was doing the recommended exercises. After a few days, I decided to try my compression stockings, and they made quite a difference. No more aching legs.

I can see why flight attendants wear them ... not only are they flying, which is dangerous, but they are on their feet a lot of the time.