View Single Post
Old 03-18-13, 09:04 AM
mconlonx

Mentioned: 47 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7148 Post(s)
Liked 134 Times in 92 Posts
Originally Posted by elcruxio
It would seem to me you didn't read my post, or understand it properly. Let's start again when you have done so. Until then, stop taking phrases out of context in quotes.
I would like to make clear that alpine skiing and XC skiing are two completely different sports and have almost nothing in common. Look it up.
And had you read my post properly, you would have realized that the skiing in question meant XC-skiing and not alpine skiing.

Next time you read someone's post, pay special care to context. It usually makes a big difference in the interpretation of one's message.
OK, let's talk about context. In the paragraph before the one I quoted, you mentioned XC-skiing.

In the paragraph I quoted you just said skiing. Which could certainly be construed to include alpine skiing, just as you mention skateboarding without qualifying what kind of skating you refer to--downhill longboard? trick skating at a park? urban features riding? Consequently, because context is indeed important, I qualified skiing with "alpine" in my reply.

Maybe do some research on composition and figure out what a paragraph break means, regarding context...?