Brennan

Bikes: Surly X√, Trek Earl

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Liked 12 Times in 7 Posts
Originally Posted by Mobile 155
Emotional attachment to a Bike?
Sure. Especially since I have built my bike up myself, taking lots of time and care in selecting the components, dialing in fit, maintaining it on a regular basis, etc. My bike is unique. There is none other exactly like it, and I probably couldn't duplicate it exactly at this point. The attachment can grow as the years go by. This "tool" has enabled many great journeys and fond memories. I know if my bike was stolen or destroyed beyond repair, the impact would be felt beyond any financial loss.

As for men being the only ones developing such an attachment, that is not the case. My wife was very upset when her bike was stolen. It wasn't worth much, but it was a bike that I restored and customized for her. She had many memorable experiences on it, like riding it from our wedding ceremony to the reception. It held great sentimental value for her. (And speaking of weddings and attachments to inanimate objects, how about a woman's attachment to her wedding ring? One could say it's just a rock embedded in a piece of metal.)

Originally Posted by Ozonation
I thought from the title of the thread you were going to talk about a bike made from recycled water bottles!
I was thinking it might be this:

Fully-Functional Bicycle Made with a 3D Printer