BykOfALesserGod
Pretty rigid member

Bikes: Sycip Unleaded, Raleigh SS, Trek 1.5, IF Crown Jewel, QR Kilo

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by StanSeven
That is a good deal for custom. The nice thing about Seven is their fit process where the buyer gets to pick anything and everything. I even with with custom paint - went and picked out the paint color code and told them how I wanted it. Lynskey and others are also fine if you want off the shelf but if you need/want custom, your choices are much less and you pay a whole lot more - not so with Seven's latest pricing
Yeah I was considering a Seven last year (no I'm not a dentist), but I had this decade+ longing for a steel IF so I got a Crown Jewel instead. Now that that itch is scratched I've been curious for a Ti ride and Seven is an obvious shoo in on the my short list.

Originally Posted by VegasVic
I bought an Axiom SL with SRAM Force a little over a year ago and the price looks the same to me. Maybe they did lower Axiom price though.
Originally Posted by antimonysarah
The steel prices are where they were a year ago, too. Maybe you're just used to seeing people's costs as built, because while those are whole-bike prices, who buys full custom and doesn't pick and choose on components, too?
I guess. The spec does say the build includes house brand parts and a low end wheelset. I was just surprised that if I subtracted my estimate for group/build kit ($1500) and the fork ($300) the frame comes out to just below $3K which puts them right where the Lynskey Helix is and much lower than most custom builders except probably Davidson. Of course, this is straight gauge Ti. Butted will probably clock in at the same price range as everyone else.