View Single Post
Old 03-24-13, 05:34 PM
GeorgeBMac

Bikes: 2012 Trek DS 8.5 all weather hybrid, 2008 LeMond Poprad cyclocross, 1992 Cannondale R500 roadbike

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by msujmccorm
Went for a ride this morning hoping to get 15 miles but kinda doubtful because of the wind. Ended up feeling good and made 20. I may pay for it tomorrow but it's a great feeling to make a personal best! Maybe that metric century by October is doable after all.
I've been riding for a year -- and I still would not be able to do a metric century...

But, I do have 2 achievable goals:
-- 20/25 miles per ride or 100 miles per week
-- Enjoy myself

I figure if I enjoy it, I will be more likely to get back on the bike rather than looking for excuses not to...

So, my REAL goal is to ride at least a little each day and, try not to miss more than one day in a row...

Because, my REAL, REAL goal is to decrease my chances of stroke or heart attack -- AND have fun doing it!

I suggest that your first priority is to enjoy your rides -- and that will help you to keep riding. A little is not as good as a lot -- but it's a whole lot better than none.

p.s. Congratulations on getting the 20 miles in. That's good! And, what is even better is that you made the 15 and still felt good enough and strong enough to keep going. That's great!

Last edited by GeorgeBMac; 03-24-13 at 05:36 PM. Reason: add p.s.