Old 03-27-13, 03:33 PM
Chitown_Mike
That guy from the Chi

Bikes: 88 Trek 800 - gone to new cheeks; '14 Trek 1.2 - aka The X1 Advanced; '13 Trek 3500 Disc

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Neil_B
I don't understand the claim there's "hate" in this thread.
Hate towards our fat maybe.

I noticed a few things, people recognize it is a mindset thing first and foremost. I believe it is as well, 100%. I let myself justify not riding in the winter and I gained back most of the weight I lost last year and lost a lot of muscle tone. In just the last 2-3 weeks of dieting and getting back on a bike I have dropped 6 lbs.

But I also think that if you were a big eater (eating beyond feeling full) that is something your body reacts to and becomes accustomed to. I know from personal experience that I was able to eat a Monte Cristo sandwich, fries, appetizer and several large beverages from a chain called Bennigan's (soooo good....makes me want one, but alas, they are no more). I enlisted into the Marines for a short and disappointing stint, having not made it through boot camp due to an asthmatic condition I was sent home. Upon returning I went back to said sandwich and found I was unable to finish even 1/2 a sandwich and that was with just water and a small soup.

Now I probably could down that baby, but I have found that "full" feeling comes when I chug water both before and after eating (trick from boot camp we fat bodies had to go through). I take about a quart of water. I also am trying the "warrior diet" where my biggest meal is at night, when I usually want to eat a lot any way and just don't eat during the day unless I am hungry. And then that is only things like carrots, apples, or some other fruit.

But I think the OP has a point, our cells having fight for survival code built into them that when they sense something is wrong they let us know. Just like adrenaline can kick in and people will push themselves beyond the body's usually limitations, I can see how our "fat" wants to be fat and will alarm us that they are disappearing or starving.

Last edited by Chitown_Mike; 03-27-13 at 03:41 PM.