adamastor
My Name is Nobody

Bikes: Marin, Peugeot, My Grandmother's Bike

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by toomanybikes
The clown that wrote the story - I mean broke the news - is the same jerk who co-wrote a book that hasn't sold worth a crap.

The newspaper that carried the story - I mean the news - is the newspaper that underwrote the costs of the afore-mentioned book that didn't sell worth a crap and employs the wrter.

Anyone see any conflicts in here? Anybody see a desparate attempt to try and sell some more copies of the book and recover the publishing cost before Lance fades from the scene?

Complete freaking stupidity.
Wrong ! If you mean the co-writer of "La Confidential", it was Ballester. NOT the guy who broke out this story.
1. Publisher La Martinière does not belong to l'Equipe.
2. Pierre Ballester worked for l'Equipe, but left in 2001 ( before he wrote the book - 2004 )
3. David Walsh co-wrote the book . He is Chief Sports Writer at "The Sunday Times", and Irish ( not French ).
4. LA has taken the British Sunday Times to court, so book was never published in English ( try to find it on amazon.com ;o) )
5. I read the French version, that sold very well in France in 2004. Obviously only people interested in cycling and doping read it, others in Europe don't give a damn about Armstrong anyway...

Have a nice day
Adamastor