Old 03-30-13, 02:55 PM
thryn

Bikes: Gary Fisher Simple City 3; 1989 Bianchi Sport SX; 1970 Schwinn Twinn in need of work; other project bikes in various states of disrepair.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I might buy this 1987 Bianchi Sport SX tomorrow. Need tips.

Here's the craigslist listing: http://sarasota.craigslist.org/bik/3699819301.html

From previous valuation threads it seems like $250 is a fair ballpark -- I'm going to offer $200 for starters if everything's in good condition.

The pics here aren't great, but if y'all see anything I could use to talk her down a bit, let me know.

My biggest complaint is that it's f$#!ing pink -- if it were Celeste I'd already be on it! I LOATHE pink. That said, if I buy this I'm buying it to keep and ride forever, not to flip, so I might just get it repainted down the road. I'm guessing the cable housing was replaced at some point since it's that weird ribbed translucent stuff, and from what I can tell, Bianchis of that era had matching cable housing? Wheels and tires look original (who rides the same tires for 26 years? Blows my mind.) Saddle's all wrong, but I've got a white Selle Italia I could put on it.

Anyway. It appears to be my size, and as much as I love the look and color scheme of my Raleigh Sportif, I know this is a better bike and the Raleigh's a little too big for me.