Old 04-03-13, 06:35 AM
chaadster
Thread Killer

Bikes: 15 Kinesis Racelight 4S, 76 Motebecane Gran Jubilée, 17 Dedacciai Gladiatore2, 12 Breezer Venturi, 09 Dahon Mariner, 12 Mercier Nano, 95 DeKerf Team SL, 19 Tern Rally, 21 Breezer Doppler Cafe+, 19 T-Lab X3, 91 Serotta CII, 23 3T Strada

Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3144 Post(s)
Liked 1,708 Times in 1,032 Posts
I have had good success with the Dux Helm helmet, which has an integrated, retractable, quick-change visor that slides down over my eyeglasses. It has brown, grey, yellow, and clear lenses, and swapping is tool-free and takes about 30 seconds, so it's easy to have just the right lens for any condition. The padded lens pouch lets you safely take them with you, too, if you really wanted to be prepared.

The downside is that a lot of eyeglasses won't fit under the visor because of the wrap around shape. Eyeglasses that square to, i.e. perfectly perpendicular to, the plane of the face usually don't work well, nor do wide ones, both for the reason of the outside frame edges contacting the lens.

So it's not a perfect solution for eyeglass wearers, but if picking up a pair of sports style wraparound frames with regular prescription lenses that you'll wear all the time (in contrast to 'script shades that you take off and are more likely to lose; I've done it 2x!) is an option if your existing frames don't fit, the Dux Helm is worth looking at. It has solved my sunglasses problem, and also largely nullified my winter goggle needs. No affiliation, btw, just a satisfied user!

www.duxhelm.com