Old 04-04-13, 07:31 AM
Dave Kirk 

Bikes: Kirk

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 8 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Andrew R Stewart
Just to make my posts clear--- I do not recommend that forks are used where the parts can pivot or collapse. i was suggesting that a fork with clamping between the steerer, crown blade and drop out would offer the most flexibility to swap out parts to change the geometry with the least cost. Kind of like the millions of suspension crowns with pinch bolts or the Switchblade forks of the pre suspension era.

Dave- You hit my question on it's head but without any answer. What did you find out with an adjustable rake WRT stability/speed wobble?

While i have an interest in recumbents and respect to what they do for certain riders, i build traditional "wedgies". It is this geometry that i was asking Dave about. My comments to duopar were to let him know that not all on this forum are narrow minded. Andy.

I didn't go there as I didn't want to get into too much thread drift...............so with that said I can say that when changing trail we were able to change the frequency of the vibration but not eliminate the oscillation itself. So it was an interesting experiment that taught us something but did not answer the bigger question.

Back to the tandem fork -

Dave