Old 04-04-13, 09:09 AM
rodar y rodar
weirdo

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Originally Posted by stevepusser
Also, the denatured alcohol I can find in hardware stores is over $7 a quart, the SMP stuff would be $3 for the same. It does look like gallons can be found for reasonable prices at boating supply stores, though.
I usually just burn HEET, but once bought a quart of denatured alcohol from my local hardware store just to try out since I`d heard it was somehow better. I didn`t notice any difference, but I did note that it`s priced like paint in that a half gallon costs just a tiny bit more than a quart and a full gallon just a tiny bit more than a half gallon. If you go that route, the bigger package will definitely be cheaper than by the pint. At least it will if you buy it from my neighborhood True Value.
Originally Posted by Burton
Yeah - I probably got my vocabulary screwed up. Here in Canada it's not exactly legal to sell pure ethenol to the public so most fuels here are methylated spirits - referred to as meths but actually denatured alcohol (ethenol cut with methenol and other stuff to make it poisonous).
I`m waiting for a ride report by a Canadian or European traveling in the US who asks around for "meths" and gets directed to the friendly neighborhood crank vendor.