View Single Post
Old 04-04-13, 10:10 AM
Trekathlete

Bikes: 2006 Trek 1500, 1998 Specialized Stumpjumper M2 Pro, 2011 Cervelo P2, 2017 Fuji Beartooth 27.5+, 2016 Scott Foil Team Edition

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Optimum Number of Bikes

I am starting to get into many different aspects of cycling and was thinking I might need like 4 bikes to do all the things I'd like to do with some efficiency.

I race Triathlon, do some criteriums, Road Races, Mountain bike, and commute right now. I'd also like to get into some cross country travel and cyclocross races.

I know that I could use a mountain bike for cyclocross and possibly cross country travel but it seems a little in efficient (slow and heavy). As of now I have a trek road bike which I use for my road races and commuting, a specialized Mt. Bike which I use for mt. biking and a cervelo P2 that I use for Triathlons.

I have been trying to think about the best way to optimize without having a full garage full of bikes. I think a good cross bike could serve as the commuter, cross racing and cross country travel. Then I think I'd probably have to get rid of the Cervelo P2 and use the road bike in triathlons, which doesn't seem as aero or as fast. The mt. bike would be again just for the mountain trails around my area.

Yea so anyways I was wondering how other people juggle all the different cycle sports or do you just get a bike for everyone of the sports?