Old 09-05-05, 09:47 PM
brokenrobot
Sweetened with Splenda

Bikes: Too many 80s roadbikes!

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
My main meal is the giant burrito... With rice (dressed up with cilantro and lime juice in the pot, plus a little Goya magic powder for color) and black beans and whatever sauteed veggies are cheap (I like mushrooms, yellow squash, eggplant, etc) plus lettuce and onions, you can do a very filling meal for around a buck a serving, if you're willing to make up several days' worth of fillings at a time and use dried beans. I generally have a giant burrito in the middle of the day; breakfast is a bagel (55 cents daily, plus about a buck and a half in cream cheese every week), and dinner is a frozen "health-food" meal, usually Healthy Choice ($1.64 on sale) plus an extra serving of veggies (usually spinach or broccoli, also bought in big frozen bags; the last ones I bought were 4 pounds for $3). Most days I have an ice cream sandwich before bed, at $2.50 per box of 12. Because I buy on sale almost exclusively, my weekly purchases vary pretty widely; I often buy for several weeks of any given product in one go. Averaged out, though, I'm usually at around the $5/day mark, and could go lower if I switched to oatmeal for breakfast and/or pasta or PBJ or similar at dinner time. At first, I had nutritional deficits, I'm sure, but as I've upped the ratios of veggies, I think I'm doing pretty well now...