acidfast7
Banned

Bikes: 2010 Cube Acid / 2013 Mango FGSS

Mentioned: 42 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1053 Post(s)
Liked 41 Times in 36 Posts
Originally Posted by ItsJustMe
I read a lot of journals of people who travel in all parts of the world. UNIVERSALLY they say that the less money people have, the more generous and friendly they are. In rich areas, people will call the police if they think you look funny. People who can barely afford to feed their families will insist that you join them for dinner.
I think the friendliest people I'm met so far were in Burma. I think they also had the lowest HDI out of anywhere I've been.

On the other end of your argument, I think you're America biased. In rich Europe, I hardly see a police presence (Norway, Netherlands, Germany, Switz, etc...) and I doubt they'd call the police. Never seen the police in Japan except at the border control and I doubt they'd call the police because I'm sure that I look quite funny to them. In America, I see a huge police presence and I agree with you that if I look strange I'll get the police called on me. However, I think I'd also call the police in America if I was being harassed more than I would in the aforementioned countries. Just goes with the territory I guess.