Old 04-08-13, 08:33 PM
climber7

Bikes: 2010 Jamis Xenith Comp

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by MDcatV
Jefferson Cup, 35+. 60-ish miles of rolling terrain.

Set up team mate for long break with a good mix of 4, he won from it.

myself and another team mate slipped into every attempt to get across, lots of ebb and flow, lots of secondary moves but they all came back. i attacked with about 15 miles to go, a buddy from a different team went with me (when I say buddy, i mean good friend, we've been riding together weekly as part of the normal saturday ride crew for probably 10 years). we worked hard, picked up one of the guys who got dropped from the winning break. i'm not in very good shape right now and was tapped, buddy pulled allot last 5 miles, early break guy sat on. with 2K to go, i was confident that i could outsprint the others but wanted my buddy to get the top spot from our move since he did most of the work. we communicated, i attacked hard, early break guy was forced to chase, buddy countered, game over. i rolled in for a very hard earned and satisfying 6th place.
awesome. i've never really had the chance to participate in any kind of team tactics, so i really wish i could do stuff like this sometimes.

Originally Posted by shovelhd
Were you in the drops (I'm not joking)?
i don't think he'd notice if his hoods just disappeared mid-race. if he's not in IAB, he's always in the drops.