Old 04-09-13, 08:26 PM
Myosmith
Lover of Old Chrome Moly

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 143 Post(s)
Liked 23 Times in 17 Posts
I was looking for a walkable shoe for touring and training and went with the Shimano M088E which is supposed to be wide. In the past I've had to purchase shoes a full US size too large to get adequate width across the toes but that caused problems with cleat placement being further forward than I would have liked. I ordered the M088E in my normal size 10 US and they were still a bit too tight, so I had to exchange them for one Euro size (1/2 US size) larger and am hopeful this will solve the problem adequately. I see from online reviews that these shoes run slightly small and I noticed that while the website said size 10 US/44 EU, the box said 44 EU/ 9.7 US. I called the store and the 45 EU are actually 10.2 US. I have enough problem finding regular athletic and work shoes due to wide, short feet and pronation. I usually wear a 10EE or EEEE with lots of arch and heel support. Finding cycling shoes in my price range is extremely difficult. I heard Bont was good and measured my feet per their online instructions and entered it into their size calculator. The answer I got was "Call for a quote on custom shoes".