Old 04-11-13, 10:01 AM
Campag4life
Voice of the Industry

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1188 Post(s)
Liked 8 Times in 8 Posts
Originally Posted by uncrx2003
I recently bought a BMC SLR01 with Ui2. I love the shifting. After 6 rides so far, it has quit working on me 3 times during the ride. The first time it happened, I got stuck in the big chainring but fortunately it was stuck on 17-18 rear cog. I was able to mash 30 miles home. It wasn't any fun at all. Both shifters failed and I had no idea how to make it work again. Took it to the lbs. They messed around with it and it worked again. Happened again on a second ride and again tonight. This time I took the battery out and re-installed it. Fortunately, it worked so I made it home ok. Has anyone has this issue? This shouldn't happen this frequently especially on a brand new bike. What suggestions would you make? Thanks
Likely a electrical breach in the harness.
If you really want to find out what is going on...you have to really drill down on your local bike shop.
Ask them what diagnostic steps they have taken. Have they run the codes for the system.
I personally would want to know the codes and insist they remove the wire harness and replace it.
Also, go over the the current active thread on the 41 and tell them that Di2 is unreliable...kidding.
Good luck. Find out exactly what your lbs has done to resolve your issue.