View Single Post
Old 04-14-13, 11:59 AM
Artkansas 
Pedaled too far.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked 7 Times in 7 Posts
Given your father's price-point, you need to make sure he avoids the big box stores and falls prey to one of those shiny bicycle shaped objects that they have. Bicycle stores are a bit more expensive, and their low-end bikes may strain what he perceives as his budget. But his perceived needs may not be accurate.

Where is the Tour that your father will be riding? I looked and the Tours near Enterprise do not have a 5 mile route. His location will affect his access to bicycles.

A couple of suggestions, perhaps he should rent a bike before buying, so he can get some real understanding of bikes, and since he's looking at a 5 mile ride, its possible that renting a bike for the ride itself might also be an option, and then he buys one when he's amped on how much fun he can have.

Since it sounds like your sister will be his ride leader, hopefully, she can be the point contact on bike purchase/renting.

Originally Posted by Bjforrestal
I don't care if you are on a unicycle, as long as you're not using a motor to get places you get props from me. We're here to support each other. Share ideas, and motivate one another to actually keep doing it.

Last edited by Artkansas; 04-14-13 at 12:20 PM.