Old 04-14-13, 02:33 PM
woodysroad

Bikes: 2005 Fuji Touring, '93 Diamondback Outlook, '94 Diamondback Outlook

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Charging Droid phone with Dyno Hub

I'm currently on tour and have a problem with being unable to get my Motorola Droid phone to charge from the SON Dyno Hub. Before I left I ordered the dyno hub and EWERKS USB cache battery, and the new wheel and charger were installed by my local bike shop as part of the preparations for my trip. This is not the kind that has an adjustable voltage regulator pn it. As explained to me, is is merely a cache battery that in turn should charge the device. After I left on my tour I plugged the phone into the charger and it immediately powered off. Several repeated tries got the same result. I stopped at a Radio Shack in Ada, OK and the store manager recommended a small backup charger to plug between the eWerks charger and the phone. We tried it and the phone stayed on, so I bought it. But, though the eWerks charger and the extra backup charger both show they are getting the electricity from the hub, the phone just doesn't charge. It doesn't power off any more, but it doesn't charge either. Anyone had a problem with a Droid phone of this nature?