View Single Post
Old 04-14-13, 06:39 PM
shovelhd

Bikes: Yes

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
With all the winning going on lately on this site, this is going to be boring. I'll make it short.

Bethel M45+, 50's and a strong wind, in the field. Going into this weekend, we had 1st and 2nd, but four riders within striking distance. We needed to open up a gap for the leader. So we basically kept everything as much under control as possible. I thought we worked very well as a team. Two guys got away and put 25s on the field, and that was the race, but all the points were in the field, and that was my focus. I did a ton of work as did everyone else. Even gsteinb took to the front to help reel a break in. gsteinb took the field sprint, so mission accomplished. 2nd place is tied, so he will be my focus next week, the final week.

P1/2/3, DNF. I was pretty shattered from the previous race, and contemplated just heading home, but instead decided to go as hard as I could for as long as I could. The field was small, which is a double edged sword. Good for the odds, bad for the wind, which had increased again, per usual. We had four in this race, and kept up the teamwork as best as we could. I chased down and pulled back several early attacks. At around the halfway point, we had two rides in breaks up the road. I was running out of gas and did not fight as hard as I should have. Our group got pulled about 20 seconds before we got lapped. However, as other groups got lapped, they were not pulled. Oh well. Payback for a few weeks ago, I guess. That's bike racing.