Old 04-15-13, 01:02 AM
HvPnyrs

Location: In The Middle Of "Out There" / Downtown "Lost Angels"

Bikes: 2001 Trek 520 - Hvy Hauler, Epic Adventure Bike / 2011 Fuji Newest 1.0 - Sporty Quick Bike

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by seeker333
It's unlikely that you'll never find mtb shorts that work as well as the road shorts or bibs you already use. Roadies trying to switch to mtb shorts tend to compare them to their trouble-free experience with lycra, then find themselves disappointed in one of the mtb-specific features.
^^^^

HAHAHA. Reminded me of the first time I went for a (2) water bottle ride with the Sporty Quick Bike and MTB shorts.
Unknown to me, the combination of the Polar bottles rubberized pull valve flange, the height of the seat tube water bottle holder, and MTB shorts, Activated the HANDY DANDY water bottle AUTO-EJECT feature.
The first two traffic controls (both of which were left turn lanes) where I had to *unclip and put a foot down* had the water bottle end up in the middle of the intersection when I accelerated thru the intersection on getting the light. After the second time this happened I finally Figured out that the cuff of the shorts on the leg that remained on the pedal while I was waiting for the light was snagging the pull valve and lifting the water bottle out of its holder as my leg returned to the top of the pedal stroke.