Old 04-15-13, 05:25 AM
mulveyr 

Bikes: Specialized Diverge, Box Dog Pelican, 1991 Cannondale tandem

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Liked 11 Times in 4 Posts
Originally Posted by woodysroad
Thanks, I have the Razr Maxx too. The guy at my local shop in Mobile told me that he thought the Ewerks cache battery would be sufficient, without using the charger, which he felt resulted in many fried devices due to failure to change the output with varying devices. The output on mine is 1.5 amps, which matched the phone and Kindle Fire for input. In re-reading the specs tonight on the Ewerks cache battery, I think I may need the charger after all, and that the cache battery alone won't work. Here is a link I found on the cache battery

http://www.starbike.com/p/Busch-M%FC...y-461A-4152-en

No, the Ewerk I have does not allow selection of output current. I appreciate your thoughts.

Ah ha! I just remembered after I looked at my setup; I was *not* able to get my Razr charging if I used the micro-USB cable that connected directly to the E-Werk. What I ended up having to do was use the USB extension cable for the E-Werk, and then the second micro-USB cable that has the "normal" USB connector on the other end. My recollection is that there's a resistor in the cable that tells the connected device how much current can be supplied, and the direct cable doesn't have the correct one, so the Razr interprets that as an indication that the charger can't supply enough current. Using the extension cable in line takes care of that problem.

So - perhaps try that, presuming your version of the E-Werk works the same?

Edit: Using the manual at http://www.peterwhitecycles.com/Down...werkmanual.pdf , you would need to use cable #7 along with cable #9.

Last edited by mulveyr; 04-15-13 at 05:29 AM.