Old 04-15-13, 12:38 PM
mulveyr 

Bikes: Specialized Diverge, Box Dog Pelican, 1991 Cannondale tandem

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Liked 11 Times in 4 Posts
Originally Posted by woodysroad
Sorry for the confusion in terminology, I have the USB-WERK. When plugged into the Razr Maxx HD the phone powers off immediately. The universal portable power cell I bought at Radio Shack after discovering the phone was shutting down when I plugged it to the USB-WERK is an enercell. It's input capacity is up to 5 v and .8 amps, with output of 5 v and 1 amp. When plugged into the USB-WERK and then plugging the phone into the enercell, the phone no longer powers off, but does not charge. The indicator lights on the enercell come on when the front wheel is spinning, which led me to think it is receiving power thru the USB-WERK, but the phone doesn't charge. I have tried it while the phone is powered off and the charge on the phone does not increase, and tried it while the phone is powered on and the battery continues to discharge and not increase.
Does the battery icon at the top of the screen ever actually show that it has detected that a charger is connected? Even though the standard wall charger that came with the Razr is 750mah, I couldn't get a charge indication until I had the E-Werk set to 1A ( and which I subsequently set to 1.5A ). At 1A, it would only maintain the current charge, not increase. I'm wondering if even though the USB-WERK is rated to provide 1A, it's not actually quite achieving that, so the phone won't be getting enough current to charge up.