View Single Post
Old 04-16-13, 06:08 PM
TomCat_Ford

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I went from toe clips and straps (riding with those for the better part of 12 years) to clipless last year. I originally went with double sided pedals because they were already on my bike (double sided); I simply took the clips and straps off and bought some shoes. I never ride without my cycling shoes, so it got annoying having to ensure that the pedals were the correct side up. I was, however, used to it given that the clips and straps had to be a certain way as well.

This year, I switched to double sided pedals (Shimano M520), and I haven't looked back. It is incredibly nice not having to worry about whether or not the right side of the pedal is up after taking off at an intersection. I'll be ordering a couple more sets of those pedals for my other bikes here soon.

Given the above, I think you can guess what I will recommend pedal wise! For me, going with MTB shoes was a no-brainer given the fact that I wanted to be able to walk around in them. I might not spend much time walking in them (I rode 53 miles non-stop today, for example), but having the option to walk in them is why I prefer MTB shoes.

Last edited by TomCat_Ford; 04-16-13 at 06:13 PM.