View Single Post
Old 04-18-13, 06:46 AM
contango 
2 Fat 2 Furious

Bikes: 2009 Specialized Rockhopper Comp Disc, 2009 Specialized Tricross Sport RIP

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 1 Post
Originally Posted by skiffrun
Regardless of where you copied it from, YOU posted it; that makes it YOUR comment.

You posted information from 3 national / provincial entities, highlighting something that is not the case in the US and included an almost hidden caveat at the end that different entities handle things differently. It is "almost hidden" because the bolded "remember" completely dominates that post.
Huh? I read it and it was immediately clear to me that it was quoted from the Audax UK rules.

Perhaps I should have "replied with quote" in case someone accuses me of having a moan at Machka as well.

One of the different countries is the US and some of the newbie RUSA members, or prospective members, appear confused already. Clarification to those potential RUSA newbies that, in the US, all Permanents and Brevets are prescribed routes is a good idea. (Even some veteran RUSA members sometimes forget that the courses here are prescribed routes.)
One question I always had about being expected to follow the exact route - what happens if you do take a very slightly different route, and how does anyone know? I've done a couple of brevets where I missed a turn and instead of left-right-right-left I effective did right-left-left-right - the end result was that my route went almost exactly parallel to the intended route for maybe half a mile or less before joining up again. If that had been a prescribed route event would I have been warned about it, sanctioned, disqualified, or what?