Old 04-19-13, 12:27 PM
dougmc

Bikes: Bacchetta Giro, Strada

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by GeraldF
Idougmc, thanks for the link to the $5 planet bike knockoff blinkies. I was unaware that there were deals better than what's on amazon.
Yup, there are.

Do be aware that your zip tie idea pretty much precludes you from removing your lights manually. (Unless you want to yank it loose and break the zip tie, of course.)

*UPDATE: I just googled dx.com and I'm finding that it's highly unreliable and they have terrible customer service. Received 1 star out of 9 reviews http://www.reviewopedia.com/dx-com-reviews I'll spend the extra five dollars and order from amazon.
You found a $10 PBSF clone on Amazon?

DX is a known entity, they've been around for years. Orders take about a month to arrive, and they get a lot of negative reviews for that. And they sell a lot of utter crap, and they get flack for that too. Their customer service is hit or miss -- I've ordered from them literally dozens of times, and had to talk to customer service twice. Both times, they fixed my problem with no grief whatsoever, didn't even want the broken/defective stuff back -- but I've heard of other people having problems.

But some of the stuff they sell is very good, and the light I mentioned is one of those things.

The light is about 95% as good as the real PBSF -- the mount is a little lower quality, but adequate -- but 80% cheaper. Personally, I bought ten of them. I've given about half of them away, used a few, and so far they're all still working fine. (And none have been stolen, by the way, but that's mostly just luck I think.)