View Single Post
Old 09-07-05, 06:01 PM
kerk

Bikes: 2018 Breezer Greenway, 2011 Raleigh International, 3 - '73 World Voyageurs, Trek 700

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by gbr
operating it from the sti shifters is often terrible since i hit the buttons by accident frequently. flight deck gives you the ability to turn on/off the recording of the distance/time etc that you've ridden since the last reset. it only takes one push of the left button to do this. i find that on almost every ride i look down and realize that i've not been recording for the last 5-10 miles. you can't turn this feature off. also the whole system turns itself off after 30 minutes. if you stop that long at a rest stop and forget to turn it back on again, well you lose that info also.
Guess what. I figured out how to solve this problem. If you put the flight deck in cadence mode and then push the right button once to put the cadence at the top of the display, this will disable the on/off capability of the left button. I ride in this mode all the time so that I won't accidently turn off the system. Try it!
Proud owner of all three colors made! Orange, Blue , Yellow .