Old 04-22-13, 02:07 AM
rifraf

Bikes: Surly Ogre, Extrawheel Trailer

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 122 Post(s)
Liked 34 Times in 30 Posts
Originally Posted by woodysroad
I seemed to have found a temporary solution with the enercell backup charger I got at Radio Shack. I found that if I charge it from the USB-WERK, I can then use the enercell to charge the phone, but I have to disconnect it from the USB-WERK first. If I leave them connected in series, the phone does not charge. So, I can charge the enercell fully, disconnect it from the USB-WERK, then use it to charge the phone. The enercell was inexpensive, so I'm going to stop at the next Radio Shack I see and buy one more so I can have one for the phone and one for the Kindle Fire. I will continue to play around with the suggestion from mulveyr about the USB cables. Thanks for the responses, have been very helpful.
I wonder if you've made things too complicated.
Look, the USB-werk is not "designed" for you to add another battery pac.
It has a battery built in to it.
I'd bet any money that your issue is the extra battery and the wrong cable combo.
Yes it can charge another battery but I bet with the combo of the other battery and your phone your pulling too much draw (current) from the USB-werks cache battery.
Please try ditching the battery pack (enercell?) and direct wiring your phone to your USB-werk.
Try the different cables (like the one that came with your phone when you bought it.
Let us know